4/14/2006

Story of the diamond


Once upon a time, a long time ago, in a country far, far away, there lived a man who had a dream. He dreamnt that he went down to the crossroads at sunset, and met a man who gave him the most valuable treasure in the world. The next night, at sunset, the man goes down to the crossroads and meets a very old bum. He walks up to the man and says, “the treasure, where is my treasure?” The old man says, “I don’t know what you mean.” The man explains his dream. The old man shrugs and reaches into his sack, pulling out a huge diamond, as big as the man’s head. He says, “I found it in the forest but you are certainly welcome to it stranger.” The man is amazed and takes the diamond home. But that whole night the man does not sleep. The next day he goes back to the crossroads, finds the old man again and hands the diamond back. Her says, “You tried to cheat me. I don’t want this. Give me the wealth you have that allows you to give away such a diamond so easily.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home